We see signs everywhere telling us God is going to destroy the earth and soon. We might concluded God is as evil and vindictive as many of us. What is the Christian message? Who is a Christian? This is our understanding in its simplest form:
We base our faith on a book “The Holy Bible” we believe it to be true and accurate. For our thought today, we are not going to prove the accuracy of the book, but describe instead what means to be a Christian, and to be Saved. In order to understand what it means to be saved one needs to understand the following:
1. In The beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. – John 1:1
2. God Created the Heavens and the Earth – Genesis 1:1
3. God Created Man in his own image – Genesis 1:27
4. God created Eden and placed Man there – Genesis 2:9
5. God creates man of free will and places a forbidden tree in Eden to prove man will stay away from the tree to prove his will to serve God. Genesis 2:15
6. God Created Eve to be Adams wife – Genesis 2:19
7. Eve Meets Satan and learns discontentment (The Devil – Satan was God’s right hand Angel, who wanted to be equal to God and, he lost the battle with God and makes it a point to ruin God’s creation. Satan sows discontentment which in my opinion is the root of all evil, money only aids discontentment) – Genesis 3:1
8. Eve Feels God is holding back on her, and falls to Satan’s deception, but she does get the promised knowledge of Good and Evil. She knew good, now she will experience evil. Genesis 3:7 – 15
9. Human kind loses immortality and is doomed to extinction as he will die and return to dust. – Genesis 3:19 (Parallels Genesis 2:7 where man is made from dust)
10. Man has fallen and we are living with no hope from this point forward. Just toil and eventual destruction with Satan and his minions -> Hell (Exactly what hell is has been argued for centuries, but we don’t want to go there and find out!)
11. God removes man from the perfect Eden and places him out side, God loved man so he gave him animal skin for clothing. Genesis 3:20
12. God implements a plan for Salvation starting with the Sacrifice – Genesis 4:4 (Man is so corrupt one brother kills another as he perceives God as liking him more. Christians still fight to be liked better by God than one another, Christians are still man, and still have mans tendencies. As kids we fight for the attention of parents and grandparent, as adults we wish to be better than one another in some fashion, even the Amish who have forsaken the things of this world compete to be plainer than one an another, but that is out side God’s will.)
13. God defines sin for us as we can’t see it in our fallen state – Exodus 20 (Sin is living out side the Will of God. His will – “Love” Ten commandments help us understand commands 1 – 4 teach us about loving God. Commandments 5 – 10 teach us how to love man.) Our Judeo – Christian Ethic in the U.S. Courts is based on the laws in Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy. Our country was based on the Bible and God’s Law.
13. God Formally Mandates animal Sacrifice for Sin in the building of the replica of the heavenly tabernacle on earth – ( Exodus 40:6) Temporary Atonement for sin.
14. Jesus decides to become the one true and final sacrifice, then man may put on His cloak of immortality, and live once again. Hebrews 10:13
15. God agrees and Sends Jesus to be our final sacrifice “For God So Loved the World that he gave his only begotten Son so that whosoever believes in him shall not die, but will have everlasting life.” Eternal being, is conditional on faith in Christ. John 3:16,17 – John 3:36 “Whosoever believes in the Son, has eternal life, Who ever rejects the Son will not see life for God’s wrath remains on him.
16. Jesus is Born as a man – Mathew 1:18
17. Good Friday – Jesus lives a sinless life and is convicted as a felon by his own people and gets death and is buried- John 18 thru 19
18. Black Sabbath (Sabbath Jewish word for Saturday, and religious holidays.) The world is empty without hope, and the earth shook and the curtain was torn, the day turned to night. Mathew 27:45 – 62 Jesus lies dead in the tomb.
19. Happy Easter! The Lord’s Day has come -> Jesus is resurrected from the dead, and the final sacrifice is complete! Mathew 28:1-20 Now we can take John 3:16 and 17 and know the promise is ours to claim.
Though like many other Christian holidays, The Lord’s Day (AKA Easter) falls on a pagan holiday. Simply put though Easter is the day Christians celebrate the avenue of our Salvation Jesus Christ. Jesus saved us from our selves, selfish ways, and eternal destruction. In order to be saved we place our faith in Jesus. The Christian Gosples is simply that Jesus came and died in our place, that we all may have an eternal loving relationship with him, the ultimate hope and reality. Faith results in our love for Jesus and our keeping of his commandments, this is the whole duty of man. Ecclesiates 12:13, 1 John 2:3 -> Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. – Hebrews 11:1
Again, Happy Easter and Have a good evening and a good night….